Monday, 13 February 2017

PREGNANCY OF FAME AND A CRY FOR HARD WORK

The one and only! Adele beat out Beyonce for Song of the Year, Record of the Year and Album of the Year at the 2017 Grammys in L.A on Sunday, February 12, but made sure to give the pregnant superstar several l shout out throughout the night.
The British singer, 28, first kissed her longtime partner, Simon Konecki, before she turned and yelled, “I love you, I love you,” to Queen Bey, 35, across the aisle in the Staples Center after she won Song of the Year.
Beyonce, who changed into a plunging red dress after performing in an elaborate gold gown and matching crown, clapped in the audience alongside her husband, Jay Z. The pregnant star, who is expecting twins, sang “Love Drought” and “Sandcastles” off her album the lemonade earlier that night.Adela also shared a sweet moment with Celine Dion, who presented her with the award. Moments before, Canadian singer, 48, teared up when she recalled winning a 1999 Grammy for “My Heart Will Go On” with her late husband, René Angélil, by her side at the time.During her acceptance speech, Adele apologized to the crowd for cursing during George Michael tribute. Earlier in the night, while singing a slowed-down rendition of “Fastlove Pt. 1,” she asked the band to stop and start over because she wasn’t happy with her performance and she wanted it to be perfect for the late singer. (Michael was found dead at age 53 on Christmas Day.)
“Thank you very much. Thank you. First of all, I really do apologize for swearing. George Michael, I love him,” she said. “It means a lot to me. So I'm really sorry if I offended anyone anywhere.The “All I Ask” songstress then introduced her producer, Greg Kurstin, who she brought up on stage with her. “This record [25] and I had a very short attention span,” she explained. “And he would come to me in England and said I didn't have to leave my son [Angelo, now 4], and yet you would leave your son and daughter. So thank you for your patience with me and helping to create my favorite song I've ever done. So, thank you, Greg.” CBS then cut off Kurstin while he was speaking, which led the audience to boo. WATCH THE VIDEO AND ENJOY THE ALL FUN.

THE LOVE WE HAVE FOR THE USA AND THE TRUMP LAWS

 Pakistani lawmakers have threatened to boycott their American counterparts and the US itself after a Pakistani legislator was denied a visa to attend a UN-sponsored International Parliamentary Union being held in New York.

Amid continually deteriorating ties between the two countries, mainly on account of Pakistan's use of terrorism, the US Embassy in Islamabad reportedly nixed a visa for Maulana Abudul Ghafoor , who belongs to the fundamentalist Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl, well-known for its toxic anti-American rants.Abdul was scheduled to travel to the US with Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz Senator, retired Lt-Gen Salahuddin Tirmizi on Sunday, but although Tirmizi was given a visa, Abduls application was put on hold.

The rejection enraged the Senate Chairman Raza Rabbani, who according to the Pakistani media, has declared that "No delegation, member of Congress or diplomat of the US will be welcomed by the Senate of Pakistan, Senate Standing Committees and the senators in their official capacity till this issue is resolved." Rabbani also called off the UN visit and ordered that no Senate delegation would visit the US until its diplomatic mission explained the delay in issuance of a visa to Abdul.

Pakistan has come under increasing scrutiny for the terrorism it exports to the sub-continent and beyond, including to the United States. It escaped being placed in the list of seven Muslim-majority countries whose nationals were banned from traveling to the US, even as administration officials and analysts acknowledged that Pakistanis and Saudis, more than any of the seven proscribed countries, undertook acts of terrorism on US soil, including in New York and San Bernardino

Sunday, 12 February 2017

THE UNFULFILLED DREAMS

The Kenya we have today has in one way or another been shaped and changed by one man who has always been keeping governments on their on their toes.From the days of one party state to the multiparty democracy we enjoy today,there is no one  who has influenced Kenyans political scene more than the former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.having never tasted power of the presidential seat which he has been yawning for so many years,he has still done more for the Kenyan people than any president has done since independence.
From fighting for and achieving multiparty democracy,to enjoying the fruits of our new constitution that we fondly call the most progressive in Africa.These are fruits of one mans policy of never giving in to the government  harassment.When Kenyans came together and said Kibaki tosha in 2002,it was Raila again who was kingmaker even though politics is a duty game as people believe ,Kibaki went ahead of not even supporting the person who brought him in power to an extent that they had to rig election in 2007 which caused a lot of deaths in Kenya and brought alot of shame to Kenya as a country after people of different tribes turned wild.There was never really any credible opposition to the government under Uhuru Kenyatta but through back stabbing,the NARC government fell apart and Raila was soon back to what he does best,opposing.There is really no opposition in our country without this one man being in it and there might not be an opposition leader in the world who has achieved more for his country than the former Prime Minister and he always struggle to keep the government on toes,no matter how much he has failed to be the president in Kenya he never gives up and as Kenyans citizens we should stop voting due to the tribal  lines and focuse on what development records one can do.We are the ones who elect this leaders and why should any leader give you fifty shillings for you to vote for him or her,through that we make them rich while the common citizens becomes poorer because after getting in the office they even forget their people  let us change Kenya to become one of the better nations in the world. Coming the August election let us embrace peace and brotherhood and choose the best leaders who can make has reach Canaan just like Moses led the people of Israelite to a promised land,you vote is not worth any value, but your voice or you life because it what decides how you will survive in the  next five years,a good decision will make you enjoy and have a say, but a bad choice will kill you.
 





WHAT A GREAT LOSS

what a great leader Kenya has lost,especially the people of Kwale county.The late Boy Juma Boy was a real leader who always fought for his people in the senate.He always inspired me with the great eloquent Swahili and the power of crowd movers just like the late Otieno Kajwang with his common song(BADO MAPAMBANO).The senator passed away in Aga Khan Hospital.May his soul rest in peace.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017

HOW NASA PLANS TO BE THE ANTIDOTE OF JUBILEE

Opposition leader Raila Odinga pledged that NASA will reform the country within 90 days if it wins the next election.While addressing members of the maasai community from Samburu,Kajiado and Narok and the Ilchamus from Baringo where he received Jubilee MP Moitalel ole Kenta who left Jubilee.Ole Kenta who was elected on Presidents Uhuru Kenyatta's TNA party.
The NASA opposition leader  Raila Odinga on his speech he termed NASA as the antidote of Jubilee and promised to change some of the main issues affecting Jubilee administration like the corruption,tribalism and marginalization.He accused Jubilee of lack of political goodwill to fulfill promises it made to Kenyans four years down the line due to runaway corruption,and promise to make sure to fulfill the TJRC report which has been lying inthe parliament.

Monday, 6 February 2017

PRESIDENT TRUMP AND THE SUPREME COURT

                  TRUMP REFUGEE ORDER
The intense national debate over President Trump’s refugee executive order could be headed to the Supreme Court, as the dispute quickly works its way up the judicial food chain – while adding another dimension to the confirmation fight over the president’s pick to fill the high court’s vacancy.
The president’s order suspending the U.S. refugee program as well as most travel and immigration from seven predominantly Muslim nations is on hold amid litigation, and currently before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.
Lawyers for Washington state and Minnesota already have told the court that restoring the ban would “unleash chaos again.” The Trump administration, which has voiced confidence the courts will reinstate the measure, has until 6 p.m. ET Monday to file its briefs to the same court, which already turned down a prior Justice Department request to immediately set aside a Seattle judge's ruling that put a temporary hold on the order nationwide.
. This possibility only complicates the debate on Capitol Hill over Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch’s nomination. The high court remains split along ideological lines, 4-4, and Gorsuch’s confirmation could restore the conservative tilt that existed during the late Justice Antonin Scalia’s tenure.
Democratic senators skeptical of Gorsuch have used Trump’s immigration order – and his recent Twitter attacks against the judge standing in his way – to underscore the high stakes in the confirmation fight.
President Trump raises the 
Tim O’Brien, an attorney who covered the Supreme Court for two decades, noted Gorsuch would not be in a position to vote on the matter any time soon. But he suggested Trump’s Twitter criticism of District Court Judge James Robart could cause problems as the nominee meets with lawmakers.so far 60000 foreigners from those countries had their visas cancelled
KENYA UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES CENTRAL PLACEMENT SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
2016 K.C.S.E. CANDIDATES
FIRST REVISION OF DEGREE AND DIPLOMA CHOICES FOR THE 2017/2018 PLACEMENT


After considering the total declared capacities in both public and private universities for degree programmes under government sponsorship, taking into account analysis of the 2016 K.C.S.E. examination results, the placement service board has set the cut-off point for placement to Degree programmes at the minimum aggregate of C+ (46 points).
In addition the board approved that all candidates who have attained a minimum aggregate grade of C- (minus) may apply to be placed into diploma programmes under government sponsorship.
The placement service therefore wishes to announce to all the candidates who meet the approved cut- off points that the online application system will open for the first revision of degree and diploma choices for the 2017/2018 placement on January 30, 2017 at 0000 hours and close on February 17, 2017 at midnight.
Candidates who did not apply for placement through their schools may use this opportunity to submit their choices. The revision/application exercise will be done online by all applicants including those who had submitted their applications through their respective schools, and would wish to revise their choices. There will be no manual application.
The application procedure may be accessed through the placement service website www.kuccps.ac.ke. Other relevant guiding information such as degree and diploma programmes per university and colleges, subject cluster, similar programmes, previous cut-off points (where applicable), subject requirements by regulatory bodies and weighted cluster calculations by performance index may also be accessed as downloads from the same website.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017

KENYA AND ITS FALSE POLITICAL PROPHETS

Rongo Mp  Dalmas Otieno has vowed to make sure Raila does not become the president of Kenya while speaking in a KANU meeting at a city hotel that brought together the KANU top officials where he told  KANU Secretary General Nick Salat that Raila Odinga will never be Kenyans President because he excluded him from the NASA Technical and Strategy Team this come after the appointment of his fiercest challenger former powerful University of Nairobi student leader David Osiany a close ally of former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.But will the Honorable words work or  the voters are the ones to decide their president and their leaders and i think most of the Kenyans leaders always forgets that they are also seeking to be leaders once more and they dont have the power to endorse any aspirant since at long last the people will decide their best candidates.
peaceful campaigns By David Njaaga | Updated Mon, January 30th 2017 at 00:04 GMT +3 SHARE THIS ARTICLE Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Reverend Joel Waweru Mwangi,Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero, Kasarani MP John njoroge and Nairobi Gubernatorial candidate Peter Kenneth after a church service at ACK church, Ruaka, Nairobi. (Photo: Pius Cheruiyot/Standard) Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero and Jubilee aspirant Peter Kenneth shared a platform as campaigns for city governorship intensify. The governor and his possible opponent called for peaceful campaigns even as the city county boss chided Mr Kenneth for abandoning his presidential ambitions in favour of the governor seat. They were speaking at the Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK), Ruai, Nairobi during a church servi
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001227645/evans-kidero-and-peter-kenneth-call-for-peaceful-campaigns
l campaigns By David Njaaga | Updated Mon, January 30th 2017 at 00:04 GMT +3 SHARE THIS ARTICLE Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Reverend Joel Waweru Mwangi,Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero, Kasarani MP John njoroge and Nairobi Gubernatorial candidate Peter Kenneth after a church service at ACK church, Ruaka, Nairobi. (Photo: Pius Cheruiyot/Standard) Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero and Jubilee aspirant Peter Kenneth shared a platform as campaigns for city governorship intensify. The governor and his possible opponent called for peaceful campaigns even as the city county boss chi
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001227645/evans-kidero-and-peter-kenneth-call-for-peaceful-campaigns
peaceful campaigns By David Njaaga | Updated Mon, January 30th 2017 at 00:04 GMT +3 SHARE THIS ARTICLE Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Reverend Joel Waweru Mwangi,Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero, Kasarani MP John njoroge and Nairobi Gubernatorial candidate Peter Kenneth after a church service at ACK church, Ruaka, Nairobi. (Photo: Pius Cheruiyot/Standard) Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero and Jubilee aspirant Peter Kenneth shared a platform as campaigns for city governorship intensify. The governor and his possible opponent called for peaceful campaigns even as the city county boss chided Mr Kenneth for abandoning his presidential ambitions in favour of the governor seat. They were speaking at the Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK), Ruai, Nairobi during a church service. Dr Kidero, who is running on a CORD ticket, told Mr Kenneth that he was ready to face him "after you solve your in-house issues in Jubilee." ALSO READ: Raila appeals to the Luo to stick with Joho and ODM "You need to be careful. The last time you went for the presidential seat, now you have gone for governor seat. You should be careful lest you contest for ward rep in the next election. However, let us meet in the field after you get the Jubilee nomination," Kidero told his opponent. Kenneth is facing stiff competition for the Jubilee party ticket from Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko, Nominated MP Johnson Sakaja, Dagoretti South MP Dennis Waweru and former Starehe MP Bishop Margaret Wanjiru. Kenneth said the city needs a good manager to solve some of its runaway problems such as poor sewerage systems, dilapidated road network, persistent water shortage and mounting garbage problems
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001227645/evans-kidero-and-peter-kenneth-call-for-peaceful-campaigns
peaceful campaigns By David Njaaga | Updated Mon, January 30th 2017 at 00:04 GMT +3 SHARE THIS ARTICLE Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Reverend Joel Waweru Mwangi,Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero, Kasarani MP John njoroge and Nairobi Gubernatorial candidate Peter Kenneth after a church service at ACK church, Ruaka, Nairobi. (Photo: Pius Cheruiyot/Standard) Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero and Jubilee aspirant Peter Kenneth shared a platform as campaigns for city governorship intensify. The governor and his possible opponent called for peaceful campaigns even as the city county boss chided Mr Kenneth for abandoning his presidential ambitions in favour of the governor seat. They were speaking at the Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK), Ruai, Nairobi during a church service. Dr Kidero, who is running on a CORD ticket, told Mr Kenneth that he was ready to face him "after you solve your in-house issues in Jubilee." ALSO READ: Raila appeals to the Luo to stick with Joho and ODM "You need to be careful. The last time you went for the presidential seat, now you have gone for governor seat. You should be careful lest you contest for ward rep in the next election. However, let us meet in the field after you get the Jubilee nomination," Kidero told his opponent. Kenneth is facing stiff competition for the Jubilee party ticket from Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko, Nominated MP Johnson Sakaja, Dagoretti South MP Dennis Waweru and former Starehe MP Bishop Margaret Wanjiru. Kenneth said the city needs a good manager to solve some of its runaway problems such as poor sewerage systems, dilapidated road network, persistent water shortage and mounting garbage problems
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001227645/evans-kidero-and-peter-kenneth-call-for-peaceful-campaigns